5 Tips To Help Build Your Resilience
5 Tips To Help Build Your Resilience
A lack of Resilience is a massive factor that holds you back from achieving the success you desire.
Think of the last time you gave up on a diet, a fitness regime, or a really important prospecting plan in your business. Unfortunately, when you don’t see immediate results, or when the going gets a little tough, you tend to give up too soon.
If you feel you need to develop your mental strength, so that you can push through quitting points and develop good habits, here are 5 tips for you to implement this week:
1. Spend Time Daily in Self Reflection : Successful people all have a daily routine that includes time for reflection. Sitting in silence at the beginning of each day allows you to set your intentions for the day, and focus your mind on what you want to achieve in terms of your goals and aspirations. Remove the noise and distraction and see how the clarity assists you in becoming more intentional in your day.
Action : Schedule this time into your day, find a quiet place where you won’t be disturbed and start with 10 min of calmness. Use an App if it helps.
2. Introduce Exercise into Your Week : Regular exercise is proven to combat stress, improve memory , helps you sleep better and boosts your overall mood. You don’t need to set goals to lose weight or gain muscle, rather, aim to improve your overall fitness. A healthy body leads to a healthier, stronger mind.
Action: Find a suitable place to go for a 30-minute walk, preferably in nature. Start by doing this two to three times a week, and if you do it with an accountability partner, you’ll find it even easier.
3. Do Something That Challenges You : What is the toughest thing you have to face this week? What is that one thing that you know you need to do, but you don’t want to do? Make this week, the week you take it on head first. This is the only way you will break out of your comfort zone. The longer you avoid this, the more you will feed your self-limiting beliefs. Take action, and watch how quickly your fears disappear.
Action : Write down your biggest challenge for this week as well as the reward you will give yourself when you accomplish this. Treat yourself for being so brave! Make sure its done by Friday so you can celebrate.
4. Start a Gratitude Journal : When you focus too much on what you want, you so easily forget about the things that you already have. When you shift your focus from expectation to gratitude, you will start to see the world through different eyes, and you will attract into your life exactly what you deserve. Practicing Gratitude also leads to reduced stress and better sleep!
Action : Spend 10 minutes per day writing in your gratitude journal. You can either do this first thing in the morning, or just before bed. In the beginning it might be difficult, but as you train your mind to think in this way, your pen will flow when you begin to appreciate all that you have in your life.
5. Celebrate Small Wins : A series of small successful steps will eventually lead to massive success. But only if you keep taking the small steps. Once you give up, the journey is over. In order to keep good motivation levels, celebrate the small wins. Avoid the temptation to be overly-critical of yourself, and rather feed your inner voice with positive messages about what wins you achieved, no matter how small.
Action : Write down 3 wins that you can celebrate daily. By congratulating yourself for even the smallest win, you are practicing positive self-talk and reminding yourself of the value you added to others, and yourself, during the day,.
Taking control of your mind and building your resilience will not only help you remain focused on your goals, but will also make you a nicer, more positive person to be around.
When this happens, watch what you attract into your life.